Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Scarves craziness or how my crochet creations got started

My grandmother tried to teach me how to crochet as a child, her efforts proved fruitful in the long-term. As a child I was never able to remember all the movements and loops for sc, hdc, dc so I stuck with cross stitch. Finally, after 20+ years of schooling and a Masters in Operations Research*, I got a corporate job and found myself with lots of free time on my hands to spend on hobbies.

I took a class at Jo-Ann and started my scarf production. I must have done more than 15 scarves, and my entire family started making fun of me, but I learned to count, improved my gauge and learned intricate stitches.

Patterns for these scarves came from www.lionbrand.com

*If you don't know what Operations Research is, www.informs.org is a good place to start and learn what it is. Contrary to general believe it has nothing to do with surgery or medicine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and I got the honor to get one of these first creations for myself!